One of the most anticipated features of Comicpalooza 2014 (held right here in our own back yard of Houston, TX) was the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. lineup.
Many of the featured characters from the TV show, including Clark Gregg, Ming-Na Wen, Elizabeth Henstridge, Brett Dalton and J. August Richards, were in attendance to sign autographs, pose for photos and (of course) sit in on a panel to answer some questions from fans.
Highlights from the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Panel
- Just a few minutes into the panel, legends Stan Lee & Lou Ferrigno crashed the party to say a few words
“First I want to congratulate all of you on the success of the show. I wanted to make it a point to come out and say hi to you all …. Everyone here knows that the show’s ratings went up because of my appearance on the show !” - Stan Lee
- Q: How long was it until you knew your character was going to take a bad turn towards the end of the season?
A: “They told me one episode before…” – Brett Dalton
- Q: What would you like your characters to do in season 2?
A: “I’d really like to see Mike finally get to hug his son.” – J. August Richards
- Q: How does everyone on the show feel about honoring Jim Steranko’s work?
A: “We’re trying to live up to the great writing of Steranko…..we’re fans.” – Clark Gregg
- Q: Will Ward stay a bad guy in season 2 or will we see a change in him?
A: Obviously you know about as much about of season 2 as I do. They did tell me I’d be evil. You guys like me as a bad guy? – Brett Dalton
- Q: Is there any truth that the male members of the panel would be taking their shirts off and flexing their muscles?
A: Greg stands up and begins unbuttoning his shirt…..followed by Richards and Dalton who do the same <crowd goes nuts> ….. but then they all sit down
Q: Will we ever see Coulson and May hook-up?A: “I love the fact that our relationship on the show is sort of ambiguous and kinda drags out….and grows…..I love the dynamic between these characters” – Ming-Na Wen
- Q: “Age of Ultron is coming out…..will we see you in it?”
A: “I feel like this is a great place to finally announce……..I have no idea. <Greg and the crowd laughs> No but seriously……. I don’t think so. BUT ….. with Marvel you just never know. I could be asleep then get a weird text in the middle of the night with some strange number that’s too short to be a phone number and then the next thing be on a plane.” – Clark Gregg