The Big Apple beckons us once again with one of the biggest pop culture events in the country – New York Comic Con! We’ll be getting into town on Thursday and will hit the ground running and ready to follow up last year’s epic adventure. Fans from all over the country and even the world flock to the mega convention of awesomeness and for good reason. NYCC packs it’s four-day run with incredible guests, amazing panels, and some of the very best exhibitors in the fandom-verse. You don’t have to take our word for though……you can ask any one of the 167,000+ attendees that showed up at last year’s convention. Here’s a breakdown of what you can expect from the Nerd Fu Crew as we attend the second largest event in Gotham City!
Through the use of tactics and experience we’ve gained from attending cool conventions in the past, we’ll be doing our best to keep our fans up-to-date with posts/tweets/and articles of all the phenomenal panels we’re able to attend, exciting exhibitors we see, and captivating cosplay we witness!
- PANELS – We’ve said before and we’ll say it again – “With great cons, come great panels!” Steve makes it his responsibility to provide write-ups and sometimes snap the occasional quick pic. Some previous convention articles from us include:
- PHOTOS – The camera that we bring us to these cons is a Beast, and in the hands of it’s weidler (Mr. Sully) it’s always put to good use! We’ll snap as much as can and even try to toss in some of those candid shots which are always fun. There won’t be any shortage of cosplay, celeb sightings or vendor wares that’s for sure! Here’s a sample shot that Sully got whilst in Ottawa attending their ComicCon this year from the Eliza Dushku panel:
NYCC is not the place that will have you trying to find something to do or buy. They’ve got you covered in that department.
- VENDORS – Looking for something to add to collection back home? Chances are you’ll find it and more on the exhibition floor. Folks like Super 7, Grey Matter Art, NECA, Stan Lee Collectibles, FYE and Marvel are there to take excess cash off your hands and help you put it to good use with the next collectible you’ll love.
- EXCLUSIVES – When a regular piece of “must-have” goodness won’t suffice, most of the conventions have exclusives that are only found there. NYCC is no different. Wanna take home a super limited edition Space Ghost Funko POP! signed by the voice of Space Ghost himself George Lowe? You’ll need to head over (very quickly) to Tenacious Toys booth. Big Voltron fan? Toynami Inc. has you covered with their limited edition 16″ tall Stealth Voltron EX figure. More exclusives are all around on the show floor just waiting to be found….
- PANELS – No convention is complete without a killer lineup of guests and panels. While SDCC has the West Coast covered, the East Coast radiates from what’s in-store for fans at NYCC! Stan Lee, Resident Evil: The Final Chapter, Jon Bernthal, AMC’s The Walking Dead, Archer, Alan Tudyk and more are just waiting to provide hours of entertainment for attendees with conversations, Q&As, first looks, and other surprises!
Make you sure you keep it dialed in right here on these Nerd Fu channels and get the NYCC 2016 experience!
- Twitter (@theNerdFu) – expect a lot of action here, especially during the panels. It’s quick and easy, so we share a lot!
frequency: 10-20 tweets a day
- Instagram (@theNerdFu) – we love sharing photos and we can guarantee some original images that won’t be seen elsewhere
frequency: 5-10 posts a day
- Facebook (NerdFu) – expect a few posts to show up on your timeline each day and give us a like, comment & share – every interaction helps us out
frequency: 3-5 posts a day
- tumblr (theNerdFu) – we know you kids like the tumblr, so we post there too – why not?
frequency: 3-5 posts a day
- TheNerdFu.com – And (of course) we’ll be pulling together some posts when we have a few seconds free! Most posts will come a day or two after the panels. It takes us a little while to catch up.