If you haven’t already fallen in love with Rocket League®, you’re missing out. The game has taken the world by storm and seems to increase in popularity every day. If you’re anything like us, you can’t stop playing and you are always wondering …. what’s next? What will PSYONIX give us next?
Well, wait no further gamers. On the final day of RLCS, PSYONIX officially debuted a brand new FREE mode, Rocket League Rumble!
WHAT IS ROCKET LEAGUE RUMBLE?
Give your friends the boot with “Rocket League® Rumble!” This FREE new mode for the Playlist and Mutator sections will let you compete in an epic battle royale with random, hilarious power-ups like the Grappling Hook, Tornado, Freezer and more! Play it with friends and foes this September!
A FREE game mode to be included with our next update in September, Rocket League Rumble is an epic battle royale-style addition that comes stacked with randomized power-ups. Whether you’re equipped with the Haymaker (which punches the ball), the Swapper (which changes your place on the field with an opponent’s), or the Tornado (you’ll just have to see it to believe it), each one of the 11 new power-ups brings an extra dimension to the classic Rocket League formula.
Like the “Hoops” and “Mutator” modes before it, Rocket League Rumble will appear in Online Playlists and Private and Exhibition matches. The complete power-up list includes:
- The Boot (Kicks an opponent’s car)
- Disruptor (Forces your opponent to drive uncontrollably)
- Freezer (Freezes the ball in-place)
- Grappling Hook (Pulls you towards the ball)
- Haymaker (Punches the ball)
- Magnetizer (Attracts the ball to your car)
- Plunger (Grabs the ball via plunger and cord)
- Power Hitter (Allows you to hit everything harder)
- Spike (Attach the ball to your car)
- Swapper (Change positions with your opponent)
- Tornado (Sweep up the ball & cars into a funnel cloud)
UPDATE: MORE INFO & RELEASE DATE
ADDED 9/02/16 – Looks like things with Rocket League Rumble are about to get very, very real! We now have much more information on the Rumble update AND a release date – September 8th!
In addition to new mode and mutators we outlined above, The Rumble update will also give us access to:
- Crates and Keys – Unlock Import Battle-Cars, Animated Decals, Exotic Wheels & more
- Import Battle-Cars – Exclusive rides from Crates, including Dominus GT, X-Devil MK2, Takumi RX-T & Road Hog XL
- Unlockable Crate Items – Rare, Very Rare, Import, Exotic & Black Market
- Player-to-Player Trading – Trade crate items and keys with friends
- Enhanced Team Customization – New colors and shades for teams
- Battle-Car Presets – Create Car Presets & save configurations for quick swaps
- Team Names and Colors in Private Match
- NEW Arenas – Get ready for Octagon, Urban Central (Dawn) & DFH Stadium (Stormy)
There is a TON of information on the Rumble update and all of these additions. Read more on the Rocket League Rumble Info page.