San Diego Comic-Con is next week and we are beyond excited about returning for our 5th straight year. The show floor, the panels, the celebrity sightings, the exclusives….. It’s all so close and we are putting the finishing touches on our plans for SDCC 2016.
Our mission: To bring you, our fans and followers, all the best news, photos, reveals & more from Comic-Con.
And why are we writing this? Why should you bother reading and following along? How about news, photos, reveals and prizes – yes, prizes (plural)! You didn’t think we’d go on a trip and come back empty handed, did ya?
SDCC 2016 – NERD FU AT COMIC-CON
For each fan that attends SDCC, there is a unique experience to be had. No two people will see all the same things or attend all the same events and it would take one person a lifetime to see everything that Comic-Con and the city of San Diego has in store. Sadly, there are only a few days to try and see it all. So, we’re gonna go, we’re gonna have fun, and we’re going to share OUR take on SDCC, and here’s how:
- Panels – Sully & Steve will brave the lines of Hall H & Ballroom 20 to get into the big panels for photos and news – Marvel, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Aliens, Star Trek etc. Sully will be snapping the photos and Steve will be pulling together all the awesome quotes and reveals for blog posts here on Nerd Fu.
Here are some of our posts from previous years, so you have an idea of what to expect:
- Photos – Sully may not be a professional, but he’s getting pretty good with that Nikon and he’ll be snapping away.
Here’s some examples of his work from previous Comic-Cons:
- Live Updates / Surprises / Breaking News – Comic-Con is known for big reveals, breaking news and surprises galore. If we hear of anything amazing, you can bet it will end up on the Nerd Fu Facebook page, a tweet, an Instagram photo, etc. Follow along all week for those updates.
- Off-site events – A HUGE part of SDCC actually happens outside of the convention center. When we aren’t in Hall H or on the convention floor, we are out in the Gaslamp District (right across the street) or at another off-site venue doing something fun. In years past, we’ve visited
- Nerd HQ – Zachary Levi’s party/charity event – DETAILS
- The Nerdist Podcast live – we are big Chris Hardwick fans and we are going again this year
- Funko Fundays – THE Funko event of the year – Sorry folks, this one is sold out
- Game of Bloggers – Our friend Crazy4ComicCon’s blogger/creator meet up – DETAILS
- Swag and exclusives – What is Comic-Con without exclusives? We’re going to do everything we can to get our hands on some sweet swag and exclusives. We’ll stand in line, fight the crowds (in a respectful manner), beg and plead if we have to.
For 2016, we started early and we have ALREADY heard from several companies that will be sending us some exclusives to give away.
That’s right! That means another Comic Con Surprize Pack Giveaway is happening. As we have done for the past two years, we’ll be bringing back some exclusives for you, our followers! Follow along here or on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram for details.
SDCC 2016 – WHERE WILL NERD FU BE SHARING??
We’ll share as much content as we can, from photos to big reveals. If you can’t attend, or you just want to see what SDCC is like from a different point of view, here is were you can catch our updates (in order of how often we’ll be sharing):
- Twitter (@theNerdFu) – expect a lot of action here, especially during the panels. It’s quick and easy, so we share a lot!
frequency: 10-20 tweets a day
- Instagram (@theNerdFu) – we love sharing photos and we can guarantee some original images that won’t be seen elsewhere
frequency: 5-10 posts a day
- Facebook (NerdFu) – expect a few posts to show up on your timeline each day and give us a like, comment & share – every interaction helps us out
frequency: 3-5 posts a day
- tumblr (theNerdFu) – we know you kids like the tumblr, so we post there too – why not?
frequency: 3-5 posts a day
- TheNerdFu.com – And (of course) we’ll be pulling together some posts when we have a few seconds free! Most posts will come a day or two after the panels. It takes us a little while to catch up.
Follow along on all our social media channels, bookmark the blog and, above all else, interact! That’s right. Like, comment, share, ask us questions, comment on your favorite photos, etc. #NerdsUnite
Let us know if you have any questions, comments or requests (other than “will you pick up this exclusive for me?” – Refer to the Surprize Pack Giveaway for the answer to that one)