Pretty much everyone has played Scrabble before. The thrill of looking at your tiles, then looking at the board, seeing that sweet, sweet setup to land a massive word and then……trying to quickly figure out if you’ve spelled that word right. Now, the good people over at Restoration Hardware are bringing something
a little extra to those who take pride in getting their Word Warfare on. Say “Hello” to the Giant Wall Scrabble Board! Forget that little board you’ve been using that has stains on it. You know, the one that has the printed side coming up in the corners and maybe some creases you can’t explain.
The writing is on the wall. We’ve taken classic Scrabble® to truly Brobdingnagian proportions, and increased the fun factor exponentially. Crafted from wood, with colors and graphics based on the original 1949 edition, this wall-mounted version has everything its tabletop predecessors have, including a fabric bag for the letter tiles. Strong magnets keep the letters in their squares, and a built-in chalkboard lets you keep track of the score.
- Dimensions – 80″W x 3″D x 59″H
- Solid wood frame and trim, letter tiles and tile racks
- Vintage graphics drawn from the original 1949 edition
- Includes 4 magnetic tile racks with chalkboard backs
- Tile racks detach from the board during game play; can be used to store each player’s tiles on the board, with player names facing out
- Hanging hardware included
The only thing that isn’t small about this is the price tag. At $1495 (not including shipping), we know some of you can probably think of a few words to say about the cost BUT just think of all the envy you’ll show the room when you land that monumental triple word score!