Millions have been playing Star Wars Battlefront (yours truly included) and the hype around the game continues to grow. The folks at EA and DICE promised some big things for the game, including a Season Pass, but little detail has been provided, until now.
Star Wars Battlefront – JANUARY UPDATE DETAILS
A new blog post went up on the starwars.ea.com website yesterday, confirming and outlining plans for the coming months, including details on the January update (available today – according to the article).
“Tomorrow, we are adding more free content to the game for all Star WarsBattlefront players, including:
- The Tatooine Survival map will now support the Blast, Droid Run, Drop Zone, Hero Hunt, and Heroes vs Villains multiplayer modes, and is called Raider Camp.
- New Hoth-themed outfits for Luke Skywalker and Han Solo, both of which will be available to all fans when they play as these two iconic characters on Hoth – these were unlocked by our players for completing our Heroes’ Holiday community mission last month.
- We are giving players the ability to create Private Matches, which makes playing with friends even easier.
- The introduction of Daily Challenges and Community Events. These are designed to rally the Community around certain goals and objectives, giving players the chance to earn credits and unlocks even faster. We’ll have more news regarding Community Events and Daily Challenges in the days ahead.
- And of course, we are also including some overall balancing tweaks to both weapons and multiplayer modes.”
READ ON: Star Wars Battlefront – The Road Ahead via starwars.ea.com
Star Wars Battlefront – UPDATE STATUS
At the time of this article, the update was not pushing to my console (Xbox One), but I’m fairly certain we will all see it soon enough.
May the Force be With You All!
Star Wars Battlefront – SEASON PASS INFO
In the same article outlined above, details for the Season Pass were revealed, including:
- Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Outer Rim (March 2016) – Fight among the factories of Sullust and battle within Jabba the Hutt’s palace on Tatooine
- Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Bespin (Summer 2016) – It’s hunt or be hunted in this action-packed experience set in the Cloud City of Bespin
- Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Death Star (Fall 2016) – That’s no moon! One of the most iconic locations in the Star Wars universe makes its debut in Star Wars Battlefront.
- Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Expansion Pack 4 – Title TBA (Early 2017) – We will have more details to share about this exciting new expansion pack in the coming months.
All this content is available as part of the Star Wars Battlefront Season Pass, available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and on Origin for PC. Each digital expansion pack will also be available separately. Head on over to our website to learn more about all the exciting content you can expect.