It’s been a little over a month since Tom Clancy’s The Division was released and the game has lived up to the hype on almost all fronts. Players all over the world have been shooting, grinding, leveling & dark-zoning it up to build the biggest, baddest agent they can.
So now what? Can The Division continue to deliver and hold the interests of gamers? Today is one of the first real tests, as Update 1.1 : Incursions makes it’s way out to the masses. We decided to jump on early and break down some of the update info, so you’ll be prepared when you finally get to log in.
Update 1.1: Incursions | OVERVIEW
Log in today (April 12th, 2016) and you’ll be met with an OVERVIEW screen that outlines all the content in Update 1.1: Incursions.
Update 1.1: Incursions | FALCON LOST
- Falcon Lost is a new incursion available in the Stuyvesant area
- You must be level 30 and have completed the mission “General Assembly” to access this mission
- The encounter is balanced for 4 players with high level gear
Update 1.1: Incursions | GEAR SCORE
- Every non-vanity gear piece that can be found when your agent is level 30 has a Gear Score value. The higher an item’s Gear Score, the stronger the item
- The overall Gear Score of your agent can be seen in your main menu next to your player level. Gear Score indicates the advancement of an agent
- Other agents’ Gear Scores are displayed next to their health bars
- Improving your gear and increasing your overall Gear Score will grant your agent access to the most dangerous high-end challenges
Update 1.1: Incursions | GEAR SETS
- Gear set equipment can be found by completing the most challenging activities in Manhattan
- Collecting and wearing gear sets grant powerful stat bonuses and talents
- Gear sets of varying gear scores can be found for many playstyles. Find the set that best suits yours
- “Tactician’s Authority” – enhances electronics and support capabilities
- “Striker’s Battlegear” – provide bonuses for assault capabilities
- “Sentry’s Call” – enhances marksman capabilities
- “Path of the Nomad” – provides bonuses for lone wanderers
Update 1.1: Incursions | TRADING
- Items dropped by enemies can be shared with other players
- Trade items by dropping them as loot from your inventory, so players in your group can pick them up
- You can only share items for during the first 2 hours after you have acquired them
- Items can only be shared with players who are currently in your group and who were also in your group when the item was originally dropped
Update 1.1: Incursions | ASSIGNMENTS
- Assignments are automatically obtained when you log in and can be tracked from the map via the menu called “Mission Overview”
- Assignments are available for a limited time (24h for Daily Assignments and 7 days for Weekly Assignments), after which, they will be replaced by different assignments
- Assignments come in different categories:
- Dark Zone
- Most assignments can be completed while playing alone but some will require enlisting other agent’s assistance to complete
Update 1.1: Incursions | DARK ZONE SUPPLY DROPS
- Dark Zone Supply Drops are a global event where the Strategic Homeland Defense agency airdrops multiple supply caches to assist Division agents
- Supply drops will occur multiple times over the course the day
- The supply drops will contain non-contaminated gear of all types that will be ready to use without the need for extraction
- These supply drops will be heavily sought after by other agents and enemy factions that roam the Dark Zone, so be ready for resistance
Update 1.1: Incursions | WANT MORE
Looking for more information on the update? A full set of Patch Notes is available.
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have some very important work to get to…… I mean shoot.