Welcome to the Nerd Fu podcast! If you’re looking for the latest & greatest in nerd/geek news, then this IS the podcast you’ve been looking for.
Normally, we bring you the latest in movies, TV, collectibles, gaming, comics & cons, but this week we’re wrapping up our Comic-Con experience with a recap of the amazing time we had at SDCC 2015.
It’s on with the post con!
Here are some of the things we shared with you in Episode 97. Visit the links below & don’t forget to support the sites you visit by clicking on some of the ads on their page. It’s like tipping, but doesn’t cost you anything!
- Check out our very first exclusive – the I “H” Comic Con TShirt, available now in Men’s and Women’s sizes. Limited Quantities.
- We’ve got TWO big giveaways going on still. Click on either image below to enter and don’t forget to check back often. You can earn more entries as new options become available and tweet daily to increase your chances of winning.
- Don’t forget to join our mailing list. We send it out (usually on Friday) to keep you up-to-date on the latest in nerd news. ** We wouldn’t want you missing out on any awesome contests, sales, offers or extra entries (hint, hint)!
So many awesome trailers were revealed at Comic-Con this year, some of which are now available (legally) online:
- Suicide Squad
- Batman v Superman
- Man from U.N.C.L.E.
- Star Wars – The Force Awakens (behind the scenes)
- The Walking Dead – Season 6
- Fear the Walking Dead – Season 1
- Heroes Reborn
- ASH vs Evil Dead
- The Bastard Executioner
- Con Man
We asked SDCC attendees if they had any “lessons learned” from Comic-Con. These are meant to help future con-goers shape a better experience. This is not a forum to complain and call out individuals or companies. Here are some of the tweets/messages we received.
- “Pin your badge to your lanyard. I saw two many tweets about lost and found badges.” – @kaiju_kitten
- “Invest in a larger suitcase. I always end up trying to Tetris in all the stuff I pick up.” – @bunster10
- “If there is a double-panel (is Carter/SHIELD) no one leaves the question line when the first one is over.” – @cofphoto
- “I learned that lining up in the ‘everything else’ line for autographs is rough when competing with exhibitors at booths.” – @hiddleseducates
- “Can’t save spots in line for others. Exhibit Hall line. have to meet with party at end of line.” – @mikeycruz
- “Double-check booth signing schedules posted in advance. We got surprised by a few late changes.” – @tchen002
- “Hang out with the @theNerdFu guys – they’re fun” – @johnnycisco52
- We received an entire list of ideas from @guiltyX
— Furiosa X (@guiltyx) July 15, 2015
We have so many people to thank for an amazing SDCC. We certainly hope we remembered everyone. If we left you out, it was not intentional:
- Brendan at HitFix
And a very big, very special Thank You to @NathanFillion. You made our Comic-Con by auctioning off one of our shirts at Nerd HQ! We are still smiling from ear-to-ear.
- SDCC is WILD enough.