San Diego Comic-Con is now less than two weeks away and we’re gearing up for our best SDCC yet.
Our mission: To bring you, our fans and followers, all the best news, photos, reveals & more from Comic-Con.
What’s in it for you? All kinds of nerdy goodness and prizes – yes, prizes (plural)! You didn’t think we’d go on a trip and not bring you back a souvenir, did ya?
SDCC 2015 – THE NERD FU PLAN OF ATTACK
Everyone who attends Comic-Con has a unique experience. There are SOOOO many things going on at any given time that one person, hell – even 50 people combined, couldn’t take it all in. So, we’re gonna go, we’re gonna have fun, and we’re going to share OUR take on SDCC, and here’s how:
- Panels – Sully & Steve will brave the lines of Hall H & Ballroom 20 to get into the big panels for photos and news – Supernatural, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, etc. You can count on Steve to whip some some articles to tell the tale!
Here are some of our posts from previous years, so you have an idea of what to expect:
- Photos – Sully may not be a professional, but he’s getting pretty good with that Nikon and he’ll be snapping away.
Here’s some examples of his work from previous Comic-Cons:
- Live Updates / Surprises / Breaking News – Comic-Con is known for big reveals, breaking news and surprises galore. If we hear of anything amazing, you can bet it will end up on the Nerd Fu Facebook page, a tweet, an Instagram photo, etc. Follow along all week for those updates.
- Swag and exclusives – What is Comic-Con without exclusives? We’ll hit those lines, sweet-talk those vendors and beg when necessary to get our hands on exclusives at SDCC 2015. There’s a strong chance we’ll visit the Funko booth at some point (roughly the same percentage that Steve will NOT finish Breaking Bad within the next month).
For 2015, we started early and we ALREADY have our hands on exclusives from a couple of companies. That’s right! That means we’ll return with another Comic Con Surprize Pack Giveaway. Last year’s giveaway was a HUGE success and we’re going to make this one bigger and better! Follow along here or on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram for details.
SDCC 2015 – WHERE WILL NERD FU BE SHARING??
Assuming we can get a connection to the interwebs (we WILL find a way), we’ll be sharing as much info as possible from the convention and here (in order of how often we’ll be sharing) are the places you can follow along
- Twitter (@theNerdFu) – expect a lot of action here, especially during the panels. It’s quick and easy, so we share a lot!
frequency: 10-20 tweets a day
- Instagram (@theNerdFu) – we love sharing photos and we can guarantee some original images that won’t be seen elsewhere
frequency: 5-10 posts a day
- Facebook (NerdFu) – expect a few posts to show up on your timeline each day and give us a like, comment & share – every interaction helps us out
frequency: 3-5 posts a day
- tumblr (theNerdFu) – we know you kids like the tumblr, so we post there too – why not?
frequency: 3-5 posts a day
- TheNerdFu.com – And (of course) we’ll be pulling together some posts when we have a few seconds free! Most posts will come a day or two after the panels. It takes us a little while to catch up.
Follow along on all our social media channels, bookmark the blog and, above all else, interact! That’s right. Like, comment, share, ask us questions, comment on your favorite photos, etc. #NerdsUnite
Let us know if you have any questions, comments or requests (other than “will you pick up this exclusive for me?” – ain’t nobody got time for that!)