San Diego Comic-Con is next week and we are beyond excited about returning for our 5th straight year. The show floor, the panels, the celebrity sightings, the exclusives….. It’s all so close and we are putting the finishing touches on our plans for SDCC 2016.
Our mission: To bring you, our fans and followers, all the best news, photos, reveals & more from Comic-Con.
And why are we writing this? Why should you bother reading and following along? How about news, photos, reveals and prizes – yes, prizes (plural)! You didn’t think we’d go on a trip and come back empty handed, did ya?
SDCC 2016 – NERD FU AT COMIC-CON
For each fan that attends SDCC, there is a unique experience to be had. No two people will see all the same things or attend all the same events and it would take one person a lifetime to see everything that Comic-Con and the city of San Diego has in store. Sadly, there are only a few days to try and see it all. So, we’re gonna go, we’re gonna have fun, and we’re going to share OUR take on SDCC, and here’s how:
- Panels – Sully & Steve will brave the lines of Hall H & Ballroom 20 to get into the big panels for photos and news – Marvel, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Aliens, Star Trek etc. Sully will be snapping the photos and Steve will be pulling together all the awesome quotes and reveals for blog posts here on Nerd Fu.
Here are some of our posts from previous years, so you have an idea of what to expect:
- Photos – Sully may not be a professional, but he’s getting pretty good with that Nikon and he’ll be snapping away.
Here’s some examples of his work from previous Comic-Cons:
- Live Updates / Surprises / Breaking News – Comic-Con is known for big reveals, breaking news and surprises galore. If we hear of anything amazing, you can bet it will end up on the Nerd Fu Facebook page, a tweet, an Instagram photo, etc. Follow along all week for those updates.
- Off-site events – A HUGE part of SDCC actually happens outside of the convention center. When we aren’t in Hall H or on the convention floor, we are out in the Gaslamp District (right across the street) or at another off-site venue doing something fun. In years past, we’ve visited
- Nerd HQ – Zachary Levi’s party/charity event – DETAILS
- The Nerdist Podcast live – we are big Chris Hardwick fans and we are going again this year
- Funko Fundays – THE Funko event of the year – Sorry folks, this one is sold out
- Game of Bloggers – Our friend Crazy4ComicCon’s blogger/creator meet up – DETAILS
- Swag and exclusives – What is Comic-Con without exclusives? We’re going to do everything we can to get our hands on some sweet swag and exclusives. We’ll stand in line, fight the crowds (in a respectful manner), beg and plead if we have to.
For 2016, we started early and we have ALREADY heard from several companies that will be sending us some exclusives to give away.
That’s right! That means another Comic Con Surprize Pack Giveaway is happening. As we have done for the past two years, we’ll be bringing back some exclusives for you, our followers! Follow along here or on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram for details.
SDCC 2016 – WHERE WILL NERD FU BE SHARING??
We’ll share as much content as we can, from photos to big reveals. If you can’t attend, or you just want to see what SDCC is like from a different point of view, here is were you can catch our updates (in order of how often we’ll be sharing):
- Twitter (@theNerdFu) – expect a lot of action here, especially during the panels. It’s quick and easy, so we share a lot!
frequency: 10-20 tweets a day
- Instagram (@theNerdFu) – we love sharing photos and we can guarantee some original images that won’t be seen elsewhere
frequency: 5-10 posts a day
- Facebook (NerdFu) – expect a few posts to show up on your timeline each day and give us a like, comment & share – every interaction helps us out
frequency: 3-5 posts a day
- tumblr (theNerdFu) – we know you kids like the tumblr, so we post there too – why not?
frequency: 3-5 posts a day
- TheNerdFu.com – And (of course) we’ll be pulling together some posts when we have a few seconds free! Most posts will come a day or two after the panels. It takes us a little while to catch up.
Follow along on all our social media channels, bookmark the blog and, above all else, interact! That’s right. Like, comment, share, ask us questions, comment on your favorite photos, etc. #NerdsUnite
Let us know if you have any questions, comments or requests (other than “will you pick up this exclusive for me?” – Refer to the Surprize Pack Giveaway for the answer to that one)
Can’t wait for the news you guys provide on SDCC.
Can’t wait to see all the exclusives figures of the SDCC!!!!!
I am most excited to see the new products that will be on the Con floor as well as meeting with some artists and conversations.
Looking forward to exclusives, new shows and movies, and outside-con experiences!
I’m so excited!! I’m hoping to do the scorpion panel..otherwise, it’s all gravy just being there!
I’m excited for the Hall H panels!
This is my first year going so I am excited about the whole experience.
The Killing Joke
I’m Excited to see more of Suicide Squad and the Funko Pop Exclusives !!!
I’m excited to see / hear everything. I can’t go (sad face) I love to see all the photos and posts
I cannot wait to see the exclusives and go to Warner Bros. panel in Hall H to see Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and many more!!! 😀
I am interested in seeing what marvel is going to this year
I am most excited for all of the exclusives this year from Funko and other vendors.
Looking forward to seeing all the costumes.
excited to check out all the exclusive toys!… err, I mean “collectibles”!
Can’t wait to see everyone’s cosplay pictures! I know, not exactly what everyone is is looking forward to but that’s all I got man. Too many Godt damn exclusives!
I’m most excited to see all of the big movie announcements and previews, along with the Funko Disney merchandise!
So excited to see all the photos and coverage of the panels!
Hoping to see the Suicide Squad panel, get a Supernatural signing, and have a few beers with my friends.
First timer going to SDCC, so I’m super excited about this. Hopefully I bump into you all.
I’m just looking forwarding to hanging out with all the awesome fans and SDCC people and celebrating our fandoms.
Honestly, I’m just excited to be going. Haven’t been able to get a pass since 2012!
I wish I could go! It’s on my bucket list. I’d love to geek out at Doctor Who panel.
I am looking forward to hearing more about Guardians of the Galaxy 2.
I wanna see what shenanigans the NerdFu boys get into!
Can’t wait to see what swag you get, hear all about funko Fridays and GOT
I’m not going to SDCC so thanks in advance Nerd Fu for detailing your experience their! I’m going to live SDCC through you! I can’t wait to see all of the entertainment guests and your interviews with them!
Can’t wait to hear you guys discuss the panels. It’s a con i will probably never make it to, but you guys bring it to me.. Thanks!!!!!
I can’t wait to see the haul you guys take back home with you. I’m not much of a collector right now so I mostly live vicariously through you guys!!!
I’m excited about seeing anything and everything Wonder Woman related!!
Most excited for the Walking Dead panel and Season 7 trailer!
See what exclusive pops I can get, maybe one of those Ryan Reynolds signed deadpool DVDs I read about
I super excited to see what new movies are coming out along with following the artist panels. Cosplayers are super entertaining aswell, they do such great jobs.
Can’t wait for the news you guys provide on SDCC.
Most excited for the off site events, Funko Fundays!
Going to have an awesome Comic-con San Diego with NerdFu!
A DCEU Justice League image hopefully!
Most excited about the COSPLAY OUTFITS! LOVE TI As a newb and unable to get to SDCC– you are the ones I hope I can turn to..and win some items of awesomeness!
I love to see what people cosplay and if they give it a twist. Love to see original cosplay and mostly pinup style cosplay.
I am most excited to see the new products that will be on the Con floor as well as the announcements for new games!
I wish I could attend. It’s on my bucket list of con’s. Supernatural, Bbt and marvel Netflix panels wow! See you guys in Oct.at NYCC
Excited for Marvel reveals!! 🙂
I’m excited about the debut of the new Torchwood comic at SDCC. I’m a big fan.
So excited to see ANY AND ALL Marvel reveals directly from SDCC!!!!! 😀
excited about the new reveals
Excited about movie trailers and anything FUNKO!!!! ^-^
I’m most exciting to see all the new trailers for movies coming out and new tv season starting back up. And I’m extremely exciting to see what funko exclusive come out.
The most amazing thing is the cosplays. I love seeing so many people enjoying themselves and letting it all go with their creative ideas. Giveaways are cool, too. 😀
Movie trailers, cosplays, swag, OH MY!!
Batman: The Killing Joke
So looking forward to watching the Walking Dead panel!
Can’t wait to meet some of the artists!
Toys toys and more toys! Oh, and the cosplay ladies haha
Anything Justice League and Wonder Woman
Funko Fundays & Power Rangers cast
Excited for the Indiana Jones pops
Cant wait for Marvel news and DCTV & tyler hoechlin being Superman!!
Can’t wait to see Hot Toys and Funko products!
Excited for Justice League and Funko stuff.