The Flash is easily one of the best shows on television right now, so it’s no surprise that the shows cast members are in high-demand. Emerald City Comicon was able to secure three of the shows stars for an appearance at the 2016 and their panel was near the top of our must-watch list.
Robbie Amell (Ronnie Raymond / Firestorm / Deathstorm), Danielle Panabaker (Caitlin Snow / Killer Frost) and Keiynan Lonsdale (Wally West) took the stage Saturday at ECCC to talk about The Flash and answer questions from the audience.
click on any of the images below for a larger version, complete with sharing tools for Facebook, Twitter, etc.
THE FLASH PANEL AT EMERALD CITY COMICON 2016
A complete video of the panel doesn’t appear online (yet), but we were there in person to capture a few of the highlights from the panel:
- Robbie Amell was originally asked to appear “naked” after Firestorm first separated, but filming in Canada on a really cold day was enough incentive for him to tell the show-runners that he would NOT be filming in next-to-nothing. Turns out it was a good decision, or else he might have had to film that way every time Firestorm split again.
- Keiynan Lonsdale originally auditioned for DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, but was offered the part of Wally West instead.
- When it comes to Wally West finding out who The Flash really is, Lonsdale is as ready as the fans are. “He is the only person that doesn’t know on the show.”
- Robbie Amell and his cousin Stephen Amell (Arrow) are working on a crowdfunded project called Code 8 (which you can support through Saturday, April 23rd, 2016). Robbie revealed that co-star Victor Garber will be a part of that project and hinted that other cast members from Arrow and The Flash will be available, since they will be filming in the off-season.
- All of the panelists seemed super-excited about the fact that Kevin Smith directed an episode and said that he brought a great energy to the set of the show.
- EVERY chance he got, Robbie Amell talked about his character Ronnie Raymond is dead on the show, but said (repeatedly) that he would love to return to the show and has been asking when he will be able to.
Right in the middle of the audience questions, a young lady approached the mic and stated that she didn’t have a question, but asked for someone from the crowd to come up to the front. All of us, panelists included, were caught off guard and wondered what was going on. As it turns out, the young lady had secretly planned to propose to her boyfriend, who said yes.
The panelists and moderator Clare Kramer (who tweeted about the moment) were kind enough to pose for the couple’s first engagement photo (pictured above in the gallery).
A proposal at the #Flash panel! (He said yes!) #ECCC pic.twitter.com/mNfb5voaoj
— Clare Kramer (@ClareKramer) April 9, 2016