The Nerd Fu podcast is also available on SoundCloud, iTunes & Stitcher!
Welcome to the Nerd Fu podcast! If you’re looking for the latest & greatest in nerd/geek news, then this IS the podcast you’ve been looking for.
Normally, we bring you the latest in movies, TV, collectibles, gaming, comics & cons, but this week it’s all about #SDCC!. That’s right, with just days to go before we head out to San Diego, the focus is on Comic-Con. We’ve got tips for newbies and you veterans might even learn a thing or two.
It’s on like Comic-Con!
Here are some of the things we shared with you in Episode 96. Visit the links below & don’t forget to support the sites you visit by clicking on some of the ads on their page. It’s like tipping, but doesn’t cost you anything!
- Check out our very first exclusive – the I “H” Comic Con TShirt, available now in Men’s and Women’s sizes. Limited Quantities.
- We’ve got a new giveaway! Check out our Terminator T1000 ReAction Giveaway, with prizes from Entertainment Earth. Get those entries in quickly – this one ends 7/06/15 at 11:59m!
- Don’t forget to join our mailing list. We send it out (usually on Friday) to keep you up-to-date on the latest in nerd news. ** We wouldn’t want you missing out on any awesome contests, sales, offers or extra entries (hint, hint)!
Packing: Suitcase – all the basics + a power strip for the room and be sure to leave room for swag you’ll bring home
Packing: Bag of Holding – camera, memory cards, backup batteries, sunscreen, hoodie, medicine, charging cables, water bottle, snacks & hygiene stuff (wipes, deodorant, gum, mints, hand sanitizer)
** Remember – no selfie sticks allowed this year at SDCC
Digital – Get your phone in order before you hit the Con
- Clean some space on your phone to store all those photos
- Update your operating system and all of your existing apps
- Make sure you have the apps you’ll need – The official Comic-Con app, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Uber, Nerd HQ
Research – Spend time mapping out your plan of attack and backup plans. Find out what others are doing. Just be prepared. We recommend that you follow our list of awesome Comic-Con veterans! **Also, check out all of their websites and blogs. TONS of helpful information on all of them.
- Wednesday (July 8th) OFFICIAL Schedule PREVIEW NIGHT
- Thursday (July 9th) OFFICIAL Schedule
- Friday (July 10th) OFFICIAL Schedule
- Saturday (July 11th) OFFICIAL Schedule
- Sunday (July 12th) OFFICIAL Schedule
After/Outside the Con
SCHEDULED EVENTS (for the most part, this is where we will be)
- Tuesday – The Nerd Fu podcast [4pm] – Unofficial Nerd Fu meetup – Stone Brewing [7pm]
- Wednesday – Enchantment Under the SDCC party [8pm] – Game of Bloggers meetup [9pm]
- Thursday – MTV Fandom Fest [7pm] – Geeks Go Glam [8pm]
- Friday – Funko Fun Days [8pm]
- Saturday – Nerdist Podcast Live – with Chris Hardwick [7:30pm]
- Sunday – no evening events, most everyone will be heading home
ONGOING EVENTS (outside the con – no badge required)
- Nerd HQ – This is the “other con” put on every year by Zachary Levi & it is always awesome!
Thursday (9th) to Sunday (12th) at the New Children’s Museum
Panel tickets are $22 each – proceeds go to Operation Smile (on sale July 2 at 6am PST)
- Nerdist Conival (featuring Geek & Sundry)
- The Walking Dead Escape – July 10 & 11 [6-10 pm]
- FX Arena – FX taking over Hilton Bayfront
- Game of Thrones – Experience the Realm
** There are MANY, MANY more outside events. Check out SDCC Unofficial Blog for more info.
There are hundreds, if not thousands, of exclusives at San Diego Comic-Con this year. We certainly can’t run them all down here, so we recommend that you check out these resources:
- Exclusives list on the Official Comic-Con Website
- Exclusives News via the SDCC Unofficial Blog
- For Funko News – check our articles revealing all 10 waves of Funko SDCC Exclusives reveals
- SDCC is WILD enough.