From Russia with love: leaks for Gears of War Remaster for Xbox One hit the web and of course, someone grabbed it to share. Excellent! Right? Maybe.
Even though the details have been scrapped on the page by now, the Siliconera website was able to grab the remaster details from the Russian Gears of War site. We learned what they learned from IGN‘s recent article. And here it is:
- Adapted for Dolby 7.1 Surround
- 90 minutes of new content for campaign mode of the original game on PC
- New achievements for Xbox LIVE (player account 1250)
- Gallery sketches and comics available to unlock
- Streamlined multiplayer mode that runs at 60 frames per second and features dedicated servers
- 19 cards, including downloadable content and exclusive cards from the PC version
- The ability to gain access to the 17 characters of Gears of War 3 multiplayer games
- New features match the settings, including the choice of parameters of the active charge, renewal, revival and the emergence of an independent arms.
- Streamlined gameplay more fluid movements and updated management system, including an alternate control system and a brand new control scheme tournament
- Added features from your favorite Gears of Wars 3: Marking enemy targets, the use of the device in a multiplayer game, improved sensitivity setting.
While we’re huge GoW fans, this newly “acquired” information about the Gears of War Remaster gives us mixed feelings. We’re stoked that one of our favorite games is getting remastered for the updated world of the next gen console. But that’s just it – it’s just ONE game. It’s hard to justify paying out of pocket again for merely one game that’s been redone. The Master Chief Collection, while not a perfect launch, gave us incredible promise that shelling out cash for a collection is quite acceptable. We’ve heard a few rumors about a Gears collection but nothing close to being mildly confirmed. All in all, I’m delighted to see the Gears of War Remaster making some waves since I’m a COG for life, but I may just have to wait this one out.